Monday, May 9, 2011

Day #3

Day #3!
ahhh estoy muy cansada! (i am very tired!)
Today was so busy, we were lucky and didn't have to go to class to 8:30. Ash and I woke up and got ready and then ate some breakfast...Our mom had fresh fruit, cereal and toast for us, it was very good:) The cereal was different, like the sugar had a "twist" ha, but it was good. After breakfast, our Mom took us to the bus stop and showed us which bus to take to school and what stop to get off at. Another interesting fact, Costa Rica does not believe in addresses!! No Joke!!!  Our address directs you to our house from the starting point of this one grocery store, then tells us to go 200 meters west, then 200 south, then 50 west. I am sure my parents will get a kick out of the fact that I have to use directions to find my destination in this HUGE city, I can't even use directions in Massena! hahaha Good thing Ashlee is with me! So anyways, we rode the bus to school and then went to class, after class we had a tour of the school and then lunch...cafeteria lunch...and it was AMAZING. I had the best ice cream of my life at school today...soo different than CAM ;) The school we go too is actually really small, only 4000 students and the campus is TINY. but esta bien :) After our lunch, we went to see a cathedral, which was HUGE, oh my gosh soo gorgeous, and we also went to the national theatre which was beautiful as well. (we took note that Julliard is coming like 3 days after we leave, dang it!)
After our tours we went to the mall, exciting right? NO, because it was all American things, I can buy that at home! yeesh ;) soo after the mall we went to this resturante, clear up about the city. The view is unexplainable, absolutely stunning. You look down below you and all you see are city lights, for miles..simply breathtaking..our dinner was delicious, it was buffet and had tonsss of food and I got my coke in a glass bottle wohoo! The resturant is like a lot of places in CR, it is indoor, but yet outdoor...Kind of like a sunroom in some of our homes in Iowa....There is a roof but there is tile around to outside in the open and a lot of the buildings have half walls or no walls at all, the pillars hold the roof on its own, surprisingly bugs aren't really an issue. After the dinner, we had a performance by CR dancers, don't worry guys I got pulled up to dance with some dude, but we rocked it! It was tons of fun, we even got our teacher, Paco to bust out his moves. Lol! Our bus driver could shake it too! :D After that we rode our tour bus home and our Mom picked us up.
That is all for now! I am exhausted!
Buenos noches todos!
(Goodnight all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment