Sunday, May 15, 2011

THE WEEKEND RECAP :)

Welp guys, I went allllllllllllllllllll weekend, with no phone and no internet. Awesome :) Not. Lol, but it was fine. So we woke up yesterday morning, very early, so we could arrive at the school @ 6:30 AM. I'm like you have got to be kidding me. But I must say, the ride was SOO worth it, our hotel was AMAZING. It had tons of hot springs, a wet bar, and adorable rooms! On our nice 3.5 hour trip to get there,  I got to check out a lot of scenary different then Iowa. Ready, set, here I go! 1. The farmers here, (the farms we passed by yesterday, anyway) farm, by HAND. They were literally in the field ripping the ground with a hoe. 2. I noticed that in some areas trees were planted along the road in a row, then on the trees had barbed wire on them...They made a fence with trees! How clever, and very "save the planet" :) 3. The cows here, are UGLY. They have droopy ears and big noses, and sometimes a hump on their backs. ew. :( But it is sad, because not only are they ugly but they are very skinny. :( Poor guys. Anyway so back to our resort, BEAUTIFUL. Pictures to come of facebook later :) We also had a superrr boring speaker yesterday. I swear it has and will be the longest hour and a half of my life, until I am in labor. hahaha, but serious. Also yesterday, we went on a hike to a waterfall coming fresh off the mountain. It was gorgeous! We got to get in the water and it was FREEZING. But, still awesome, of course! After the waterfall came the hotel, then we enjoyed some nice hot springs water. Talk about total opposites in one day.!!!! We had dinner at the hotel that night, then our coordinator for our univeristy here, her mom, (who is 81 years old!) thought we needed to go out on the town. Man, I hope I can shake it like that when I am 81. p.s. her nickname=cookie. If that helps you invision her :) hahaha Then today, I had one of the best breakfasts of my life and off we headed for home! We stopped to eat lunch at an iguana resturant--they had real live iguanas everywhere (not enclosed) and I was kind enough to share some french fries with them. :) (I feel like these are skills that I learned through the course of my mom's many years of daycare) HA. and then back in the bus we went, dying of heat, no worries. We finally arrived back home at 6:30 or so. phew.  I am exhausted. You would think  I wouldn't be after sleeping on the bus (with my mouth open, Ashlee tells me lol) buttttttt nope,  I am dead tired. So more later :)
byeeeeeee.
oh p.s. at our hotel, when we left today, there was monkeys in our tree!!!! Real life ones :) freaking sweet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment