Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Last few days~

So I am just now blogging about my last few days because we lost internet at my house!

Wednesday: pretty uneventful, we had class twice in one day, yuck, definitely not one of my top 10 days in Costa Rica!! We were going to go to watch our friend, Jimmy, play soccer again, but his game was canceled~dang it!

Thursday: Our last dayyyyy! :( Our last day was definitely a great one, we went to a research institution that had the different areas of ecosystems found in CR. We saw some animals (even a sloth!) and their natural habitats. The institution was a beautiful place and they do a lot of awesome things there. Here is their website, http://www.inbio.ac.cr/es/default.html, don't worry, there is an english tab, right at the top! :D After our trip to INBio we went back to San Jose, and Ash and  I got some KFC. We topped off the day with a nap and then hung out with our good friends, Jimmy and KP (pronounced caw-pay).

Friday, our day to travel home! :( We left our CR house at 8:00 am and heading to our university for the last time. We loaded up the bus with everybody's suitcases, which had way more items in them then before ;) and headed the airport. While at the airport, my empty bottles of coke got confinscated, I am sorry Bailey!!, as well as the beer I was bringing home. ahhhh nuts. but it's okay, our flight from CR took off on time and before leaving  I enjoyed a nice $6 cheeseburger and $3 small pop from burger king. Good time! ha We made it to Houston and then found out our play was delayed to KC. Happy to say that by 2 am I was in my own bed! Nice to be back Iowa!

My overall trip: awesome. This trip is one the best things that I could have ever done for myself, because of it, I truly believe that I have grown not only in an educational aspect, but I have definitely grown as a person and have developed more confidence in myself and the ability to leave a small town and experience something different and new. I cannot  wait to study abroad again, (soon) for a longer period of time. Even though I missed my family and friends, it was worth it, this was one of the greatest opportunities I will ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment