So, from the beginning! I bid farewell to everybody on Friday afternoon, I definitely cried like a baby (no help to my mom or my mother-in-law! LOL. After leaving my house, Con took me to Corning to meet Ashlee and Kathy, and off to KC we went! Ash and I stayed in a SKETCHY hotel, but it was alright since we got up to get ready and leave by 4:30 am anyway! ahhhh! Off to the airport we went. We flew, KC-Houston, and then Houston-San Jose...So our first day has def been a long one and is yet to be over, we have to go out and see what the town is like during the night life!.....
We arrived in San Jose, Costa Rica at about 11:50 (10:50, Iowa time) BUT we had to take a bus to reach our hotel and that took FOREVER, don't worry, we had to put our luggage on top of the bus, yes the ROOF, & I'm like ohhh great, mine will be the one to fall off! (I was already VERY concerned that my zipper was going to break during one of our flight transfers) Although the longgggg bus ride was much worth it because our hotel is SO cute, it is right on the beach-it is a little Best Western. (Who knew Costa Rica had Best Westerns?! ha) hmm also, I can now say that I have experienced the Atlantic Ocean! :) And for all of you concerned about me going to dinner with a random guy (previous life story from my CA trip), I have NOT and will NOT, because one, Colton would probably kill me (with good intent lol) AND because we meet some creepers at the beach today, well not met, but they walked by and let me tell you guys, creeper may just be at a whole new level here. ;) So we spent some time at the beach, went to the "beach bar" (p.s. they have coke in glass bottles, I am pretty much estatic!!) and then went and had supper at 7 (8 Iowa time). Supper was so good, it was a buffet of a ton of different Mexico/Costa Rica/Spain types of food. And Miss Clinton & Con would be so proud because I tried things that looked weird, and welllllll they were good!!!!
"Fun" fact (if you would consider this "fun???", nahhh): In Costa Rica, you do NOT flush ANY toilet paper or ANYTHING like it. You put it in a trash can....I don't really think I like this idea, but experience the culture I guess!
I am excited to meet my Costa Rica family tomorrow!
Speaking of families: Happy Mother's Day to my Mom tomorrow! Love and Miss you!
OMG...that tiolet paper story just threw me over the edge....guess I can't go to Costa Rica :( SKETCHY! :)
ReplyDelete