Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day #4

Where to start!?
 Today was intense. Have I told you that I LOVE Costa Rica.?! Mom, don't freak out....I kind of bought another pair of shoes, ...BUT they were only 6 American dollars! wohoooooo (Don't tell Grandpa Glen! hahaha)
But no, today has been great, our grandpa walked us to the bus stop and then off to school we went! After school, we hit up the town for SHOPPING, CR style: very barato! (cheap) I have found many cute items, and we are going again tomorrow, it is hard to pass up $5 dresses and $6 shoes!!!
For lunch we had these delicious sandwiches that were less than 2 American dollars! And I had an iced cappucino, that tasted like CHURROS!!! ahhh sooooooo good :D After lunch, we heading back to campus to go to museums......they were pretty cool! After our museums Ash and  I got a real life experience........Here we go...So we called our mom to tell her that we were arriving at the university, she told us she would take the bus to come get us (our family does not have a car), but we said no, it is no problem we can do it. hmmmmmmm let us rethink that one....We knew we had to wait for the bus that said San Antonio, not San Jose (which is the one we take to school). So we wait and wait and wait, and there is only San Jose buses...so we decided to ask someone on the bench who looked semi-American or semi-white (in Ash's terms) for help. He told us we had to walk up the street to a different stop to catch our bus. So we darted across the street (by the way, cars DO NOT stop, or slow done, nada, nothing, you RUN, FAST) so we approached the next stop and no luck.  I asked the woman if it was the right stop and she said no, no, it is over there (back across the dang street, and don't worry, yes we are speaking spanish to each other!) So Ash and I dart back across the street (going on about our 5th time, don't worry guys, we were truly labeled Americans by those watching us. hahaha). To double check,  I asked a guy if the stop was ours, he said something and I was like "uhhhhh, que?" ("uhhhh, what?") and he repeated it and i said, "oh esta bien!" I walk back to Ash and she goes "I. have. no. idea. what. he. just. said." I started rolling laughing and I go, "oh god, me either." So we proceed to watching the bus we need drive on by as we are STANDING there, c'mon CR!! LOL So we wait, *again* and then, we finally get a bus!! THANK GOD, now that we are on the bus we come to realize, we don't have the slightest clue where to get off at. (We hadn't rode the bus home yet) So we ride, and ride, I'm getting nervous, and nervous...and we ride, and ride...and there's our stop!! wohoooooooo we did it! :) We walk up the sidewalk to our house and our family is so excited, "you did great, you guys found home great, etc, etc"...We responded with...."oh if you only knew"....
Good life experience.
Check the bus route.
always.
and what side of the street the bus picks you up on. ;)
After we got home, we decided to see where some of our other girls live, so we went for a short walk, with our mom and younger sister; we toured around and visited the houses of our friends and then came home for supper. Supper was SO GOOD. We had chicken, rice, salad, potatoes and then 3 kinds of dessert, and to drink we had iced tea and lemonade! Food and drinks here are so amazing, very different, but awesome. I had no idea that I would like so many things!
More tomorrow!
:)

1 comment:

  1. You might not want to tell Gary this, but I literally had to buy another suitcase to bring home all the clothes and shoes I bought in Spain. True story. You only have a few weeks, but I think you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete