Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day #5

What a great day!
Ash and I woke up and ate our breakfast, then walked to the bus stop to head to school! All we had to do today was class, so after class we decided shopping was in order!!! We stopped at a few stores then went to the mercado and oh.my.gosh. I LOVEEEEEEEE it. The things sold there are so beautiful and definitely have a piece of this culture in them and the best part, yes, soooo cheap. :) We spent all afternoon at the market, went to Burger King for lunch (yes they have those haha) and went BACK to the market! Don't worry, yet again, today we were able to hand out the daily "creeper award" and today this special award goes to a 20 or so year old guy who was sitting on the sidewalk, we walked by once and he was like "ohhh, hi hi hi hi" (its whatever, totally typical for here) but the catcher is that when we walked back by, we got barked at. Yes, that's right, barked at, like he was a dog. I'm like, are you kidding me? hahahahaha So he was the winner for today! Not too worry, today was also another day full of the honks, since we are "gringos"....I feel like that will never stop :) Us girls have decided that the American boys are going to have to step up their game when we get back, because here, well we are "the shit", everybody wants a Gringo, we are basically the "in item"...LOL After shopping, we took the bus back to our house and then let our friend Ashley come to, because well, unlike us, she stuggles with the bus! (Sorry Ashley, es la verdad! :)). So we hung out here for a bit, then walked Ashley home. Tonight was fun, just have been hanging with our family and then our Mamá's friends were here...they had motorcycles, and well, we took a tour, awesome!!!  I can now say I rode a motorcycle in Costa Rica! :D Well, that is about it for today,  I am off to relax, we have a super busy day tomorrow!
Hasta Luego!
(see ya later)
:)

2 comments:

  1. Grandpa says you better not keep walking by the guy that barks! :) Be smart, don't get to brave. Grandma D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your blog, Paige! Sounds like you are having a great experience. I, too, want you to be careful though. Don't be too trusting in a foreign place. (Just the mama in me I guess!) Post some pics!

    ReplyDelete